3 Monkeys Orangutan
The Orangutan is a dynamic four 6V6 amp with a unique six position rotary VOICE switch.
The VOICE switch changes both the gain structure and the tone as you rotate it clockwise. The VOLUME control interacts with the VOICE switch to produce shimmering cleans and smooth overdriven tones. The BASS is more like a global low frequency control, while the TREBLE acts as a reverse cut. The LIFT switch disables the BASS control to provide boost and clarity. ROOM is our focused reverb, no surf wash here. While this amp is a no gain monster, it is rooted in the classic tones of 70s rock. Not trying to specifically mimic any one amp the Orangutan has it’s own distinctive voice, suited to both stage and studio.
Note: You can run a pair of EL34’s or 6L6’s in either the inner or outer pair of sockets (not both). A rebias is recommended however. Rock on!
- Four 6V6 Power Tubes for approx 30-35W
- Three ECC83 Preamp Tubes
- Custom Transformers by 3 Monkeys
- Hand-wired Preamp / Poweramp / Sockets / Pots / Jacks
- Capacitor Input Power Supply
- Footswitchable "Lift" control for boost and clarity
- Cathodyne Phase Inverter
- Mil Spec Components
- 090 Aluminium Powder-coated Chassis
- Highest Quality Chassis Mount Tube Sockets
- G-10 FR-4 Circuit Boards
- Accutronics Reverb Tank
- Uniquely Shaped Solid Birch Ply Cabinet (No rectangles here)
- Crushed Glass Faceplates with Industrial Silkscreen
- Made by Hand in Raleigh, NC
- Black Tolex (Custom Colors and Suede available)
- Weight: Approx 34 lbs
- Head Box Dims: 21.75inx9inx8.25in
- Upcharge for custom color Tolex (see colors) or Suede is $50-$225. Contact us for a quote.