Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
Two amps in one?
With an overly stout and painstakingly developed power supply made to accommodate two sets of power tubes, the JRT 9/15 offers the biggest sound in a low wattage amplifier heard to date.
Starting from right to left, the single input of the amplifier (high and low sensitivity) feeds the inputs of two 5879 Pentodes, each with its own volume control and blendable. Each is voiced differently: one is brighter with more clean headroom while the other is gainier and thicker in the low mids. Added to this volume is a 6 position switch which offers a "bright cap" selection. The last knob is a high cut for the overall amplifier. The "Mode" toggle provides a selection of either 9+ Watts with 6V6s, or 15+ Watts with EL84s, offering and exceeding the best tones available in some of our favorite late 50's American 6V6 amplifiers, and our favorite EL84/EL34 English amplifiers. Don't be fooled by its size; this one sounds huge!
*Debuted with Frank Simes -- Don Henley Tour, 2004
- 9 Watts, 2 x 6V6, Class A
- 15 Watts, 2 x EL84, Class AB1
- Cathode Bias
- Single Channel, Dual Modes
- V1, V2, Click, Hi-Cut
- Half Power Switch (9 Watts)
- Tube Rectified (5AR4/GZ34)
- Power Section: Mode 1: 2 x 6V6 GT
- Power Section: Mode 2: 2 x EL84
- Preamp: 12AX7's, 5879
- 4, 8, 16 Ohm output
- Sm Head: 22W x 11.25H x 8D, 30Lbs.
- Combo: 22W x 21.25H x 10.5D, 48Lbs.