Victoria Electro King
The Electro King is an idealized recreation of the classic McCarty era GA-40. Its circa 1957 circuit features two cathode biased 6V6s for 15watts of recording and small club power. The heart and soul of the Electro King is its 5879 preamp circuit; a single NOS 5879 input pentode for each of the normal and tremolo channels provides rich distortion and natural tube compression at any volume setting. Notes seem to be 'blown' out of the amp with overdriven tones that are saturated, dynamic and musical. Jeff Tweedy has his hands on one, do you?
- 15 watts of power
- 1957 GA-40 Type Circuit
- Cathode Bias Class A Push/Pull Output
- Standard Speaker; American Made 12" Eminence
- Standard Covering: Brown Alligator/Smooth Blond Tolex
- Tubes: 1-5Y3, 2-6V6, 2-12AX7, 1-6SQ7, 2-5879
- Cabinet Size(HxWxD): 20.5” x 23.5" x 10.5"
- Weight: 42 pounds
- Sales Price: $2,696.00